Are you considering braces? Has your dentist recommended you start orthodontic treatment? At Cavalancia Orthodontics, we are here to help you start your journey. Deciding between Invisalign and braces can be difficult, but our doctors and staff are highly qualified to support you. While Invisalign and traditional braces can achieve the same results, both hold different experiences for patients. Here is everything you need to know about both of them.
Invisalign is a highly popular option for many who want braces, but don’t want the look of metal braces. Here are things to consider about Invisalign:
- The aligners are custom-made, removable, and invisible to the eye.
- You are allowed to remove the aligners when eating, brushing, and flossing. This means that you can eat/drink whatever you’d like, without worrying about breaking a bracket.
- The average treatment time is between 6 and 18 months but can vary from patient to patient. If a patient doesn't wear the aligners for 20-22 hours a day, treatment can be prolonged.
- Patients will also switch out aligners every 1-2 weeks.
Metal braces are still a convenient option if you don’t want to be disciplined about having to switch out clear aligners. Here are things to consider:
- Is extremely efficient at fixing orthodontic issues, and can work faster than Invisalign.
- There are quite a few foods to avoid because the brackets/wires can break or the food can get stuck in between.
- Can be difficult to clean and floss, but there are tools available to make your oral hygiene routine easier.
- Patients will have to schedule follow-up appointments every 4-8 weeks. During these appointments, the bands that are attached to the brackets will be tightened or changed.
Let Us Help You Decide!
At Cavalancia Orthodontics, we can help you decide what type of braces will be best for you. We want all of our patients to be educated on what options are out there, and which treatment will give you the best results you want. If you or your child is thinking of starting orthodontic treatment, contact us today! We are here to help you get started!