While orthodontics certainly has advanced over the last 10+ years, metal braces remain to be the standard for orthodontists. At Cavalancia Orthodontics, we see patients requesting metal braces all the time, and for very good reasons. Metal braces will give any patient effective results to help fix their smile aesthetically and medically. Learn the top 5 ways metal braces can help you from Cavalancia Orthodontics.
Top 5 Benefits of Metal Braces
- Most Durable Option- While not the most comfortable, metal braces remain to be the most durable and strong option. Many people want braces that will not break or wear down over a period of time. Invisalign aligners, on the other hand, are more likely to endure damage.
- Affordable- Some teeth straightening options are expensive, which is not always ideal for certain individuals or families. Luckily, metal braces have the advantage here because they tend to be less expensive. If you do not have dental/orthodontic insurance or are concerned about expenses, contact your provider. Payments plans are available to help cover the costs.
- Improves Oral Health- Braces not only straighten your smile and align your bite, but they also improve oral health. Straighter teeth make them easier to clean, which helps avoid future gum disease and tooth decay from occurring.
- Fast-Acting- Traditional metal braces work relatively faster than other options (such as Invisalign). Most patients can expect to wear them for an average of 1-2 years compared to Invisalign (which can last patients 1.5-3 years).
- Most Adaptable- Most patients (if not all) are qualified to get metal braces. However, not all patients are qualified to get Invisalign or other types of braces because of certain issues (such as having a severely misaligned bite or how their teeth are structured). Metal braces remain to be a universal option, even for patients with the most severe cases.
Get Metal Braces Today At Cavalancia Orthodontics!
Whether you’re looking to get traditional metal braces or even Invisalign, contact us at Cavalancia Orthodontics today! Our team of doctors and staff is equipped to give you and your family comprehensive care. To get started, schedule a consultation today! If you have any questions or concerns, don’t be afraid to reach out to us at one of our offices either in Indiana or Johnstown, PA.